Friday, January 7, 2011

Once An Underdog...


Yesterday I went to Amazon.com, I always do...and saw The Social Network was number one in Movie sales. Hours later when the Star Wars trilogy was announced on Blu-ray it kicked down poor Marc Zuckerberg to the second place even if nothing specific was announced, the movies won't be released until the end of the year (Network comes out on Tuesday) and people don't even know if the Blu-rays will have the awful manipulated editions or the awesome classic versions (I won't even mention the prequels).
I wondered what the insecure Zuckerberg would feel knowing this happened but then realized he might be the one behind all those Star Wars pre-orders...

PS: my review for The Social Network will be coming soon but if it makes a difference, I'm one of the ones who pre-ordered it.

2 comments:

Andrew K. said...

You so rarely do random humour, more of this.

(And look, Firth is #3 - you could even tie that into the narrative, although I've never been much impressed with his Darcy - in the miniseries. Ah well.)

Notas Sobre Creación Cultural e Imaginarios Sociales said...

Well I'm glad you enjoyed good sir.
Haha I think that's the only movie where I really love Firth. He's so unappealing to me otherwise.
Although to be honest I'm a sucker for ANY Mr. Darcy.